FW: [Sigia-l] 508 Compliance - Alt Tags for Button Images

Joe Lamantia joe at joelamantia.com
Tue Sep 30 17:46:46 EDT 2003

For function buttons, I've had good experiences using a combination of the
same labels in the alt tags for the images as those that appear on the
button itself, and a standard control label - e.g. 'checkout now button', or
'save itinerary button'.

Starting with a consistent (and I hope not terribly complicated) scheme for
your task and control labeling is important, but I'm sure you are already
working toward that :)