[Sigia-l] Re: New Web Accessibility & IA Organization in Boston (Listera)

P.J. Gardner pjgardner at gidi.biz
Sun Sep 21 14:26:04 EDT 2003

Ziya wrote:

>How do you 'design' information, separate from its interface?

This is why I remain a lurker on this list.  It's this kind of nit-picking
about terminology that makes this list less useful than it could be.

Actually, I used to call myself an "Information Architect", but it doesn't
quite fit.  I used to be a technical writer, which was called an
"Information Design and Delivery Professional" for a while.  I actually
design such things as templates, workflow processes for word-processed
documents, and help system, as well as Web and user interface design.  You
have no idea how much of a struggle it is to come up with a title that
communicates what I do.  Now I am also involved in interaction design for
accessibility.

You will live longer if you let go a little.  After all, it is not in the
words.

P.J. Gardner
Information Designer
Gardner Information Design, Inc.