[Sigia-l] Bridging the gap

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed Sep 3 14:27:02 EDT 2003

"Sean Lawrence" wrote:

> Prediction: other title will vie to absorb IA roles and skills.

That's another way of saying it.

I'll give you a roundabout example. For a number of years now, large
enterprises have been advertising for a "GUI Designer." Unfortunately, this
person has very little to do with design in any fundamental sense. He's
often a Java programmer tasked with banging up a Swing UI, as most Java
visual design/prototyping tools are/have been generally pathetic. Proper UI
designers couldn't do much with Java, so Java programmers "stepped up" to
play designer. I wouldn't be surprised if this trend progressed in the
direction of IA as well.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba