[Sigia-l] Mambo and EZPublish

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Wed Sep 3 11:06:51 EDT 2003

Has anyone here used Mambo or EZPublish for client work?  I'm meesing around
with Mambo now and testing it out to see how useful it would be do create
sites for some small business clients I am working up on the side.  I like
Mambo's modular design, ease of install (though I did have to patch it to
get it to work), and catogorization tools.

If anyone here has used it, have you ran in to any inflexible elements that
couldn't be addressed by a module or component?

EZPublish seems highly extensible but the install seems a bit more involved.
I haven't messed around with it as much, but the administration interface
isn't as straight forward as Mambo but on cursory glance, it seems more
robust.

I was thinking that Mambo could be used for smaller, information-driven,
marketing type sites and EZPublish could be used for larger
product(services)-driven, e-commerce sites.

Any experience out there to confirm or contradict these assumptions?

Thanks,

Sean