[Sigia-l] Bridging the gap

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Wed Sep 3 10:51:32 EDT 2003

> Prediction: other titles will vie to bridge this ever-closing gap.

Ziya,

I'm sure you spoken to this question before but I'd like to ask it in this
context.  Job titles certainly might be competing for this bridge, but
shouldn't professionals in this space be concerned more about skills that
are going to fill this role.  Someone with the title Business Analyst could
be performing more typical functions of an IA (whatever they might be,
different thread altogether :) and be more concerned with synthesis that say
someone with the title Content Analyst, or Architect, who could be more
concerned with strategic, tone-centered issues rather than acting as a
integrating agent between dev and design.

My prediction would look more like this:

Prediction: other title will vie to absorb IA roles and skills.

And the dizzying IA carousel goes round and round