[Sigia-l] Question about FAQs

Samantha Bailey slbailey at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 27 13:40:05 EST 2003

Hi,

I'm working on a project to improve the FAQs we use on
our site and would really appreciate some alternate
perspectives.

1) Do you distinguish between FAQs and content
presented in a Q&A format on your site? If so, how?
Also, why?

--We currently are putting everything info an FAQ
format and I'm finding that is breaking down our
original model, which attempted to limit FAQs so as to
place pertinent information at our users' fingertips.
Our business partners, however, *love* presenting
content in a Q&A format and are quite resistant to
changing the content to a paragraph based style.

2) Do you use FAQs primarily to facilitate information
retrieval, for marketing, or for general
communication? In other words--are they structured to
meet a specific need, or more general?

3) How do you keep your FAQs from becoming
miscellaneous catch-alls?

Thanks very much for any feedback you can give; feel
free to reply either to the list or to me--I'll
compile and share with the list as a whole at the end.

Samantha Bailey
Wachovia Corporation

=====
Samantha Bailey