[Sigia-l] Corporate Blogs

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Oct 23 15:36:18 EDT 2003

"Dave Collins" wrote:

> Why do we need them? Start from the assumption that we need them just
> because we as individuals choose to. (That's one thing you 'muricans got
> right!:) ) What problem do they solve? Instead ask 'why should they be
> controlled?'

Because of a simple notion that every IA should heed: "Truth in labeling."

In an ideal world of libertarian splendor, perhaps we can do away with
regulation, but in the real world of greed, we have found it necessary to
regulate financial disclosures, quiet periods, insider trading,
research/sales separation, food/medicine labeling, foreign agents, campaign
contributions, etc. Because they have been repeatedly abused.

If an employee wants to flack for his employer, of course, he should be able
to do so. Just do it under the employer's banner/site. There's nothing
'personal' about it.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba