[Sigia-l] String search question

David Heller dh at htmhell.com
Wed Oct 22 11:11:22 EDT 2003

Hi Everyone,

Thanx Eric and Andrew for your responses.

Some clarifications:
1. This system is not a content site but an content management system where
people are going to search the contents and the metadata of unstructured
data. It is similar to a content site, but different in that the name of
objects is more important and more similarly behaves like an OS file system.

I think this is why the vid=video is important.

In general I'm trying to decide where I can assume google like search
behavior as a standard to build upon and where I have to use windows
explorer find as a standard.

Andrew is right that there just aren't any conventions other than the
ubiquity of OS and google to stand upon.

-- dave