[Sigia-l] RE: Printer-friendly button

Karls, Jason karls at amazon.com
Fri Oct 17 12:07:19 EDT 2003

Hi All,

I'm not responding to any one post intentionally.  I can (somewhat) see the benefit of giving the user a shortcut to a print dialogue box, but all this talk of multiple versions of pages kind of floors me!  Why would we want two versions of every page (even if it's 'automated' w/ CSS)?

Is there a reason that our site/apps/programs can't be designed to print correctly in the first place--w/o making the user switch to a print version?  If one of the user goals is to print, then it would make sense to design for this upfront...

It seems that a lot of work is being put into re-thinking inherent functionality (printing) of a users' browser/app--and we're just trying to find a work around of a seriously limited design!

Wow, two posts in a day ;)  Enjoy the weekend everyone!

-jason