[Sigia-l] Timesheet/billing software

Jamie Long jplong at slis.indiana.edu
Wed Oct 15 06:15:47 EDT 2003

Does anyone have any recommendations on timesheet/billing software?  I
am interested in software that can handle the following:

1.  keep track of hours spent by date
2.  keep track of hours for multiple projects
3.  provide reports on how time is spent (ie, number of hours per week
by project or total number of hours to date for an entire project)
4.  convert timesheet hours into billable invoices for clients
5.  relatively inexpensive licensing (a few hundred dollars at most)

It seems that many of the software products I've found include some but
not all of the above features.  Or they include a lot of extra features
that I won't use and have a significantly higher price tag.  I am an
independent web contractor and only need to track my own time spent on
client projects.

I have looked into several different brands, and so far the only one
that seems to meet all my requirements is BillQuick (available at
www.billquick.com)  Does anyone have any other suggestions that I should
also consider?

Thanks,

Jamie Long