[Sigia-l] History of "Information Architecture"

Peter Merholz peterme at peterme.com
Wed Oct 8 12:56:44 EDT 2003

Please, dear God, just read this:
http://www.gslis.utexas.edu/~l38613dw/readings/InfoArchitecture.html

One interesting point: At either the last IA summit, or the one before
that, I asked Peter Morville about why he chose the term "information
architecture" for describing the work he did, when Richard Saul Wurman
had used it to define a somewhat different practice. Peter said that he
and Lou, simply, though Wurman was wrong in his use, and they decided to
  apply the term in a way they thought more appropriate.

(Peter - feel free to correct my understanding... )

--peter