[Sigia-l] Forcing practice

prai at prady.com prai at prady.com
Tue Oct 7 12:19:15 EDT 2003

"Laura S. Quinn" reply -

> ...Certainly, I
> imagine that you, and he, and most of us, are pained by the idea of
> creating work-around solutions rather than fix the underlying problem...
> Taking a hard line towards user experience - saying that there is never
> any situation in which we should agree to anything less than an optimal
> user experience - only defeats our own goals.  It's clearly nonsense
> from a business perspective - there are budget and technical
> infeasibilities, political realities - and it makes us look like zealots
> rather than people with a valid business purpose.

I have objection to the term 'work-arround'. what is it? We are talking
about 'design' alternatives and 'approaches'. And I am sure that you have
the same misconception about 'usability' and 'user experience' that it
takes *millions* and *months* and is just a *work arround*...

I wish to make corrcetion here - it is either about 'Design' or about 'Bad
Design', irrespective of whether it is an experience for the 'user' or
'customer'.

Prady