[Sigia-l] "Web Searches: The Fix Is In"

Danilo Medeiros dmedeiros at corp.blah.com
Mon Oct 6 04:06:49 EDT 2003

just an interesting story:

I knew a guy in Barcelona who had a travel agency. He specialized in selling
packages to the Maiorca and Minorca islands. He got more than 80% of his
business thanks to his web site. His site, in fact, was ranking #1 in google
when someone searched for the terms "Maiorca, tourism" or "Minorca,
tourism". I asked if he had paid google. He told me "no, I just pay a guy to
build static html sites linking to mine. 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. he
creates about 60 sites a week."

cheers,
Danilo