[Sigia-l] Nursing and related taxonomies

Melvin Kumar melvink2 at myrealbox.com
Fri Oct 3 04:17:48 EDT 2003

Hi all,

Thank you for your help in helping me in my request for Nursing taxonomies.

I found the various Nursing Languages and MesH and NLM's Classification and
was going to use that to create and shape the taxonomies to the particular
situation I have. but I got word that I can get some financial resource so I
have another request.

Anyone knows where I might be able to buy Nursing or related Healthcare
Domain taxonomies that can be used on hospital Intranet.

The main users would be nurses from the various specialties in one specific
hospital but later it might be opened up to other nurses from other
hospitals.

So far, I have emailed Semio/Entrieva to asked about their "SemioTaxonomy"
as they seem to cover Healthcare. Also I emailed Lexis-Nexus to find out if
they have anything of that sort as they seem to work with Verity in regards
to taxonomies for industries.

Another others that you might know of?

Your input would be greatly appreciated. =)

Melvin Jay Kumar