[Sigia-l] Lake Forest Open Lands site redesign

Sean Lawrence slawrence at lucidvagary.com
Wed Oct 1 17:15:48 EDT 2003

It's a really elegant looking site.  What lead you to make join open
lands a op level nav element rather than under say about open lands or
give to open lands?  I personally would have made the master calendar a
click-to page rather than opening a new window.

I really like how you've tied in the quotes with the content.

Did you do any user testing on the site map metaphor you've employed?  I
like the simplicity of the folder analogy and it would initially seem to
be intuitively familiar to most users but it tends to scroll a bit even
on 1600x1200 res.

How is the content managed?  I would guess it's using a package and not
a manual update.

As for the Print, Save to, and Email elements in the articles/news
entries, I would have labeled the alt tags associated with the images
both for clarification and accessibility.

Overall, I think this is really an effective, attractive site with good
integration of navigation and content.  I'm thinking some of the things
I've mentioned are part of ongoing development and hence will be
instituted in 'Phase 2'.

Cheers,

Sean