"new" visio options (was RE: [Sigia-l] RE: VISIO - indexing wireframes)

Brett-Luxaco brett at luxaco.com
Tue Nov 25 16:24:46 EST 2003

The nice thing about InDesign is that you can create portable libraries,
where you store all your design elements. Being Indesign is fashioned after
illustrator, it is made for designing not just text layout, and is far
beyond visio in any design capabilities, so if your a stickler for having
things a bit perfect than Indesign is a much better product.  I have used
visio and thought it was fine for what it could do, but lacked the ability
to manipulate elements or globally change pages throughout very easily; this
doesn't mean it is a bad product, just there are better products.

Now if InDesign had some built in elements, it would make starting a project
eaiser, but once you have your libraries created, you can reuse them for
each project and then you have fairly consistent, elegant designs. Now I am
sure there are other products that are just as good.