[Sigia-l] Test Subjects: Compensation for a non-profit site study?

Samantha Bailey a2slb at bellsouth.net
Mon Nov 3 21:21:23 EST 2003

We routinely run user tests with high-net worth clients as well as with
regular banking customers. High net worth test participants are offered our
going rate (about $100-200 depending on circumstances/amount of time
spent)for remuneration donated to the charity of their choice. Non HNW
clients are offered cash, although we also tell them we can donate the money
to the charity of their choice if they prefer. The rate of remuneration is
based on what our local recruiting company considers the going rate.

We have had very positive responses--it's true that the HNW clients don't
"need" the money, but they appreciate their time being valued. Also, they
appreciate being able to give input--our relationship managers often assume
that HNW clients will be too busy and won't want to be bothered but we find
that they're often really interested.

Samantha Bailey
samantha at baileysorts.com | http://baileysorts.com