[Sigia-l] [TROLL] Financial Impact of User Experience

Peter Merholz peterme at peterme.com
Mon May 19 16:47:15 EDT 2003

SIGIA and AIGA-ED Lists--

I'm researching methods for understanding the financial impact of user
experience. I'd like to get beyond "shoulds" ("You should make sure every
user experience decision drives financial returns") to actual quantified
connections of how businesses are understanding the value of user
experience.

While I'm sure usability is part of this, I'd also love to understand how
the business case is being made for user research, information architecture,
interaction design, visual design, etc.

I'm also interested in the measuring of "hard" values (increased sales,
increased retention, decreased development costs), and "soft" values (brand
perception, trust, credibility, satisfaction).

Please reply to me off-list, at peterme at peterme.com. Thanks.

--peter