[Sigia-l] Instructive Interaction vs. Contextual Help vs. Print Documentati on

Listera listera at rcn.com
Wed May 14 19:09:54 EDT 2003

> But I do think there is still a lot of work to do in fully integrating this
> more closely with user tasks and having the show part of the instruction
> less of an orthogonal process and more integrated into the UI. Animation
> then becomes a great way of illustrating affordance.

If you were to separate the contextualization/access from the actual media,
then there'd be a framework for delivery of a variety of media from simple
text to audio to full animation, depending on the user's prefs, available
bandwidth, file size, nature of help, language, etc.

> COTS (Common Off The Shelf)

So, John, is there an UCOTS (UnCommon Off The Shelf) variety? :-)

Ziya
Nullius in Verba