[Sigia-l] knowledge management

James Robertson jamesr at steptwo.com.au
Mon May 12 19:18:41 EDT 2003

At 02:09 11/05/2003, Sean Lawrence wrote:

>Gotcha.  I've always thought that IA was incredibly applicable to
>intranets.  My first project when I was an IA (and if anyone in Chicago
>is looking for one :) was desiging our company intranet with two other
>IA's and a GD.  It was a combination of Content Management,
>Collaborative workspaces, threaded messaging, announcements, etc.  I
>loved it!!
>
>I knew from then that I wanted to do IA on intranets as much as I could.
>Unfortunately, the bubble burst and I haven't done much IA at all since.

Yep, working on intranets is great.

In fact, that's all I'm doing at the moment, and there
is *a lot* of working happening (at least in Australia).

What makes it interesting is that in order to make
intranets effective, you need all of:

* usability
* information architecture
* content management
* knowledge management
* project management
* change management
* marketing/communications
* technical writing
* IT systems

(I've written a lot of articles on all of this, which
you can find on our website.)

Cheers,
James

PS. Sorry for so many posts to the list in a row,
just catching on my e-mail backlog...

James Robertson
Step Two Designs Pty Ltd

Knowledge Management / Content Management / Intranets

http://www.steptwo.com.au/
jamesr at steptwo.com.au