[Sigia-l] knowledge management

Madhu Menon webguru at vsnl.net
Fri May 9 00:33:17 EDT 2003

At 04:34 AM 09-05-03, Listera wrote:
>This is where we differ. KM (as productized, to use the evil terminology)
>doesn't just tell you what's on the menu, it insinuates a 'recipe' by
>pre-mixing the ingredients for you. You don't just get tomato paste which
>you can mix with spices as appropriate, KM gives you tomato paste with
>"Italian Seasoning" already mixed in.

As much as I love cooking, may I respectfully respect that instead of the
analogies (analogies invariably stop making sense after a point), you guys
write what you're *really* talking about. So replace "tomato paste" with
whatever it's supposed to represent, for instance.

This thread is interesting, and I think Ziya is talking about the KM
*solutions* being sold on the market while Derek is talking about the
techniques instead.

Regards,

Madhu