[Sigia-l] knowledge management

Karl Fast karl.fast at pobox.com
Thu May 8 07:51:08 EDT 2003

> Once IA is released from its West Coast, HTML-centric focus

An interesting comment Ziya. I'm curious about what prompts it. Your
experience of IA would seem much different than mine.

In my experience the more common perception is that IA must keep
crawling out from under the shadow of LIS (to put it slightly
differently: the Argus view of IA still holds center stage).

While I wouldn't deny a strong west coast influence, this is hardly
to be unexpected. Furthermore, I'm not sure the west coast influence
is so strong that we must be released from it. North-American
English-speaking centric I'd be far more inclined to agree with (not
that anyone requires my agreement about these kind of things).

As for HTML-centric, I presume you're referring more to our
obsession with IA as a web-related phenomenon.

Anyway, I found your comment curious and was hoping you might
elaborate on it a bit.

I always have this nagging feeling that my experience of IA deviates
quite a bit from the norm. But then again, this happens to be true
of many things in my life, which probably explains a lot!

--karl