[Sigia-l] knowledge management

Coon, Sean SCoon at Datek.com
Wed May 7 18:21:57 EDT 2003

"Jody Hankinson" wrote:

> Truth be told, I think the IA I practice could be defined as knowledge

> management...

"For heaven's sake, no. The minute KM rises above the level of product
PR terminology, I'm jumping off the tallest building left in downtown
NYC. In addition to everything else, there's something really creepy
about the juxtaposition of those two words 'knowledge' and 'management'.
This weekend I was in a hospital and had to go to the fifth floor where
'Pain Management' was located. Please, no.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba"

my brief brush with knowledge management from an ia position was much
more about governance and culture defining than the design and
definition of the actual interactive system itself. if I had to be
regulated to that world (where KM=IA), i'd offer to try and to catch
ziya on his way down...

/*spcoon*/