[Sigia-l] Enhancing presence on the web

Ed Housman em_housman at yahoo.com
Sat May 3 07:08:39 EDT 2003

In a project I'm working on the client
wants to create an optimm set of text
and metadata tags so that the right people
find our page.

A contractor has analyzed the words and
prhases we suggested, and came up with a
table of performance vs. search engine for
the terms, and is prepared to take the next
step, whatever that is..

I have been asked to evaluate this work.
Can anyone advice me on how to attack this?

Also the breakdown differentiates between
"search engines" and "directories".  Can anyone
point me to something that describes how
these two things work, and the differences?

Do all of you go through this kind of exercise?

--Ed