[Sigia-l] Findability is dead, Long live ummm... Meaning?

Jim Kauffman jkauff at earthlink.net
Fri Mar 28 19:45:42 EST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Kauffman [mailto:jkauff at earthlink.net]
Sent: Friday, March 28, 2003 7:45 PM
To: faithp at wideopenwest.com
Subject: RE: [Sigia-l] Findability is dead, Long live ummm... Meaning?

Meaning is defined by users, not IAs or marketing VPs or focus groups. At
best, we can only try to offer something worth the user's time to explore,
injecting as little bias as we can (always too much, despite good hearts and
great analytical skills). At worst, we'll try to sell our info as
"meaningful" stuff.

-Jim K.