[Sigia-l] Usability Testing comments from Giga

John O'Donovan-INTERNET john.odonovan at bbc.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 15:41:52 EST 2003

>butt cheekily cute, but no. (I had to go there)

>testing code is TESTING code. finding "not very good code" is the
>process of reviewing code -- as in a formal process with colleagues held
>to industry/company-wide standards.

butt slappingly cute, butt no (I shouldn't have gone there)

Testing code and implementation will lead to a prioritised list of issues -
some may be showstoppers and some not. Likewise with usability testing -
just because a review might tell you that the design is rubbish you may find
you can break this down into differing issues that may not all need
addressing.

It's the process of trying to pin down "not very good design" and probably
hugely subjective. As with film screenings, a different audience will get
different responses - with dispute over what is bad and good.

Except for Grease 2 - that really was rubbish.

Cheers,

jod

BBCi at http://www.bbc.co.uk/

stated.