[Sigia-l] Relationship between Search and Browse

Listera listera at rcn.com
Thu Mar 27 15:21:49 EST 2003

"Richard_Dalton at vanguard.com" wrote:

> They just want the red things together, the blue things together, etc

No kiddin'. You just decided that all by yourself on a sunny Thursday
afternoon at 2:15 PM? Are all the pieces of furniture in your room the same
as your carpet?

> .... (and yes, I realize that this might be an over-simplification - but its
> closer to the truth than organizing things by Hue, Value, Chromaticity, etc)

I think you missed the point altogether. It just isn't as simple as putting
all the 'red things together'. Something seemingly so simple to you is an
entire sub-branch of the design profession over which millions are spent
every year in print, textiles, cosmetics, furniture, packaging, etc. As
someone competent in matters of color, you'd have the expertise to group
products in some configuration, *reflecting* your approach. I assure you
that other similarly experienced professionals may offer different
configurations, equally compelling. Otherwise, we really wouldn't have the
fashion industry, for example.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba