[Sigia-l] IA system components - add to the list!

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Mon Mar 24 19:26:45 EST 2003

> From: sigia-l-admin at asis.org [mailto:sigia-l-admin at asis.org]On
> Behalf Of Coon, Sean
>
> > Slowly, but surely, Boniface Lau = Derek Rogerson.
>
> I am sorry to see that happening to you. ;-)
>
> But it is very natural that as you get further and further away from
> reality, you "slowly, but surely" cannot distinguish one person from
> the other.
>
> I guess it is for the same reason some people see the elements of
> information architecture as navigation systems, labeling systems,
> searching methods, etc.
>
> Boniface
>
> =====================
>
> such words of wisdom.

Such words of compliment. Thanks. ;-)

> when the fog clears from your mountaintop,

Gee, after your above words of compliment, you now place me on a
mountain top. I hope you won't place me onto a higher pedestal. ;-)

BTW, the fog on mountain top is nothing when compared with the fog in
people's mind. The fog in people's mind causes them to be blind even
with eyes wide open.

Their eyes see the term "Information Architecture", but the foggy mind
causes them to be blind to the "Architecture" in "Information
Architecture". They see only "Information". Thus, they believe that
navigation systems, labeling systems, and searching methods are
elements of information architecture.

> you'll see that no one is challenging your perch.

I know. Even people who wrote books proclaiming that the elements of
information architecture are navigation systems, labeling systems,
searching methods, etc. were quiet as if they had heard nothing and
saw nothing on this list. Amazing!

May be they don't believe in what they themselves had written in those
books. May be they now have second thought. Anyway, it is never too
late to clear the fog from one's mind.

As to people who bought into what was said in those books, the
authors' quietness is a reminder of the importance of relying on one's
own reasoning capability.

Boniface