[Sigia-l] Tab Navigation Structures

Jim Kauffman jkauff at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 20:01:58 EST 2003

Horizontal tabs are pretty well established as sub-divisions of a higher
level set of information.

Vertical tabs, however, are fair game, because there are no established
expectations. Because the tabs are vertical and (usually) on the left side
of the window, users will probably associate them with navigation anyway.

You also get the added bonus of being able to reserve your horizontal tabs
for sub-dividing your content once the users have navigated to it.

-Jim K.