[Sigia-l] Segmentation -- examples needed

Chris Chandler chrischandler67 at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 19 11:16:50 EST 2003

All,

The marketing team for the project I'm currently working on wants to include a "segmentator widget" -- where visitors to
the site would self identify depending on their level of experience with the product/services we offer, their interest
level, and their geographic location. Based on their responses, they would be directed to landing pages geared toward
their particular needs...

...I know, I know.

Anyway, my boss asked me to research some good and bad examples of this kind of thing, and since it's on top of the 15
or so wireframes I've got to get done this week, I thought I'd turn to my favorite "smart mob" for some pointers,
criticisms of the whole idea, and any creative thoughts about how this kind of thing can be done in a user-centric way.
I'd be especially interested if anyone knows of examples that relate to CRM systems.

Thoughts?

-cc