[Sigia-l] IA system components ? add to the list!

Listera listera at rcn.com
Fri Mar 14 00:25:44 EST 2003

"Boniface Lau" wrote:

> That just reinforces my point: because the maps were well-defined,
> the Portuguese could verify that the maps were not correct.

Geez, I don't want to belabor this tautology any further, but when you get a
chance take a look at a Ptolemic map and ask yourself if it has any affinity
to the word 'well-defined' whatsoever or if, as a captain, you'd ever
consent to be guided by it in the middle of the ocean, circa late 1500s.

Ziya
Nullius in Verba