[Sigia-l] IA system components ? add to the list!

Thomas.Donehower at nethodcircle.com Thomas.Donehower at nethodcircle.com
Thu Mar 13 18:02:31 EST 2003

> it is really necessary for the IA community to work towards something
like an
> underlying IA theory...

Probably not, although Socrates would argue it's the journey not the
destination.

Where my personal journey has led me:

"IA is the practice of creating information structures that support the
needs of the user in the context of their visit."

That's my ideal definition. However, in the context of my day to day
application of IA, my definition is more like this:

"IA is the practice of creating information structures that align business
goals with user needs in the context of the user's visit."

-Tom
Thomas Donehower