[Sigia-l] Re: first principals (bias in cataloging & classification)

Chris Shafer chris at clshafer.com
Tue Mar 11 12:19:24 EST 2003

<quote>Nope. No way you can classify without bias.</quote>

In theory I agree whole heartedly, we can't help but perceive our
world with the biases we accumulate over time. Maybe what we want
to say is that a design should be based on user's needs and perceptions
first, and the designer's bias second. Though I wonder if Christina's
point is instead coming out of previous discussions about the potential
ethical ramfications to our work?

Chris Shafer
www.clshafer.com