Architecture vs. Information Architecure: WAS [Sigia-l] The 3Factors of I/A

sgp somebody at sgp-7.net
Sat Mar 8 01:16:20 EST 2003

B,
A crude and simple answer or rather proposal is that architecture is an
expression, manifestation or inquiry beyond the strictly functional
requirements of shelter or building. Structure can and often is inseparable
from architecture, I don't mean literally, again when it extends beyond its
functional duties. These are only starting points of what could be a long
and potentially boring discussion, of lectures I sat through in undergrad
architecture school, etc. Do you really want to rehash this here and now? I
don't understand its relevance to this group unless you now attempt to make
some bridge across mediums. In the same way the analog 3D metaphoric desktop
as a graphic user interface of days gone by, Bob and MagicCap for example,
had their limitations so to does a literal discussion about the above
definitions.
Best regards,
[sgp]

Other good reads:
"Liquid Architectures in Cyberspace" by Marcos Novak from Cyberspace: First
Steps
"Cybrids: Hybrids of Physical and Cyberspaces" in Envisioning Cyberspace by
Peter Anders