[Sigia-l] mouse gestures

Beau Lebens beau at dentedreality.com.au
Thu Mar 6 18:07:17 EST 2003

and while we are throwing these around, there's a freeware app called
StrokeIt[1] created for windows which allows you to do a similar thing (i
replied to this email by drawing a big letter 'R' on the screen in my email
client.

you can program specific gestures into particular apps, or make them
global - the customisation options are *very* powerful. a gesture can
perform anything from a series of keystrokes (I use "A" as a global one to
do alt-f-a (file, save as in many apps).

I would strongly reccommend this app!

[1] StrokeIt: http://www.tcbmi.com/strokeit/

enjoy!
i know i struggle without it now, i get on a machine without it
installed/customised and feel like i am working in the dark ages or
something - everything is so slow :) it is an interesting turn around, since
i used to use any and every keyboard shortcut, because it was quicker than
the mouse, now it's getting to the point that it's faster to keep my hand on
the mouse and use that, because i can perform many complex shortcuts using a
simple gesture :)