[Sigia-l] The 3 Factors of I/A

Richard_Dalton at Vanguard.com Richard_Dalton at Vanguard.com
Wed Mar 5 15:59:36 EST 2003

jess at cognissa.com writes:
> Which is why I finally ended up focusing on *value* as the intersection
of
> user goals + context, business goals + context, with the offering
(content)
> and delivery (tech) serving as the currency and medium for interaction
and
> exchanging value. And why I started talking to clients about
> "value-centered design" instead of "user centered design" about a year
ago.

> http://www.peterme.com/archives/00000172.html
> http://www.interactionary.com/files/value_centered_01.gif
>
> Finally - goals aren't architecture. If we think of architecture as an
> artifact, we see them reflected in the IA, but they aren't the
blueprints,
> the facets, the labels, etc. nor the realization of same in a production
> site or app.

Thats a good discussion on Peter's site and that graphic is what i'm
talking about (thank goodness i'm not the only one thinking this way!). I
think that a good organization of content is one that finds the sweet spot
between User Goals + Context and Business Goals + Context while taking
into account the attributes of the Content itself and the technology of
how it will be delivered.

 - Richard Dalton