[Sigia-l] love thy client (was Re: [Sigia-l] "Study: Content Management Tools Fail")

John O'Donovan jod at badhangover.net
Tue Mar 4 00:31:27 EST 2003

> May be it is time to re-read that article. The things you claimed
> missing were there.

I never referenced it in the first place. You will find that Royce never
mentioned the term waterfall in the article - the thrust of his argument was
different. Waterfall is the sequential, linear trap that is the problem.

If I remember, Figure 2 would be the completely linear approach that became
the waterfall but this was not his recommendation. However, this approach is
what became widely used and associated with him - that's why I say it was
not his fault.

It's not the same thing or else I have not swallowed the same text books as
you.

Cheers,

jod