[Sigia-l] love thy client (was Re: [Sigia-l] "Study: Content Management Tools Fail")

David Heller dave at htmhell.com
Sun Mar 2 17:01:06 EST 2003

Christina, you are not a normal client. You are a former consultant.
That makes you an edge case. Most clients are bureaucrats in the wrong
hats given tasks they aren't qualified to do. Sorry (now that I'm not a
consultant I can speak freely). Top that off w/ an inability to
articulate anything about their problems and that is what you get.

That being said, this feeling should be kept under wraps about any
client by a consultant. I agree w/ Christina that the most rehired
consultants are those that indeed look at this as a partnership. If
nothing else it is definitely a symbiotic relationship. You (client)
have a problem; me (consultant) need to feed my kids. ;-)

But that being said, it is up to the consultant to work w/ a client to
get out of them what you need. The knowledge is definitely burried in
there somewhere that's for sure, b/c they wouldn't have hired you if
they felt nothing was wrong.

-- dave