[Sigia-l] Hmmmm (IA/interaction)

Coon, Sean SCoon at Datek.com
Thu Jun 26 23:13:47 EDT 2003

Ziya wrote:

You can absolutely manipulate consumer behavior/preferences by
restricting supply, via monopolies, and that's every marketer's dream.

And the scariest monopoly of all is waiting for congressional approval
right now; media convergence. You think we're a sound bite society right
now? Just wait until the floating messaging (a.k.a. news) from multiple
mediums is truly coordinated by a single deep pocketed institution and
lobbyist. Is it news or propaganda? If you don't have your head in the
sand, you can see that we're pretty much there already... and it's going
to get *worse*

Yep, I'm paranoid.

/*spcoon*/