[Sigia-l] Questions to ask an IA job candidate

Francois Jordaan francois.jordaan at wheel.co.uk
Thu Jun 19 09:36:23 EDT 2003

Hi everyone,

This is my first post, and I admit I joined specifically to ask this
question (although I've been meaning to join for ages, and have been on
CHI-WEB, evolt, webdesign-L and other lists for years.)

I'm interviewing for an IA job position next week, and would like to ask the
list what questions they'd put to the candidates, and what answers they'd
like to hear.

Naturally, I'm looking at the all the IA skills-related resources I can
find:
http://www.info-arch.org/lists/sigia-l/0202/0578print.html
http://www.listserv.acm.org/archives/wa.cgi?A2=ind9907B&L=chi-web&P=R409
http://www.iawiki.net/InfoArchDotOrg/JobTips
http://www.bogieland.com/infodesign/profile.htm
http://www.eleganthack.com/blog/archives/00000121.html
(and links from these pages). I also have my own opinions and biases, which
I'll try to keep from showing.

But I'd like really like to hear people's suggestions specifically in an
interview situation. Reply to me personally and I'll post a summary to the
list.

(Of course, there is always the chance that one of the candidates follows
this very thread on SIGIA-L! But then, if they're that clued-up already,
they deserve the unfair advantage :) I'll only post the summary after the
interviews, though.)

francois