[Sigia-l] verbs in labels

Cynthia Ramlo cthorn at indiana.edu
Mon Jun 16 16:14:47 EDT 2003

I worked on an application where this approach, during the analysis phase,
had been agreed upon. It was very difficult to implement and it was not
clear what verb would be associated with common actions (view, see, look,
peruse). In your example, I would be more likely to use "change personal
data" over "adjust".

And, I think that there is research from language learning that most
people learn nouns more easily in another language. Here we have many
international students and this was a concern.

I would be interested to know how the verb naming scheme works out in your
case. It seems like a good idea, but I didn't have much luck with it.

Best,
Cynthia

Multimedia Developer
Center for Languages of the Central Asian Region
Indiana University