[Sigia-l] Questioning common test scripting

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jun 10 12:42:34 EDT 2003

"Mitchell Gass" wrote:

> Or perhaps I'm compensating for a cultural tendency toward politeness that
> prevents many people from saying things they feel are negative,

Oh, OK then, I'm from New York City. :-)

> ...encouraging test participants to be critical when it's warranted...

How do you know when "it's warranted"?

> ...doesn't cause them to have more problems.

My experience has been that I can pretty easily influence the outcome by
framing the session one way or the other. That's why I almost never throw
out general questions, test an entire application or engage in open-ended
discussions (unless there's a very specific need for that).

Ziya
Nullius in Verba