[Sigia-l] card sorting

Boniface Lau boniface_lau at compuserve.com
Fri Jun 6 19:37:56 EDT 2003

> From: sigia-l-admin at asis.org [mailto:sigia-l-admin at asis.org]On
> Behalf Of Todd R.Warfel
>
> On Wednesday, June 4, 2003, at 04:28 PM, Boniface Lau wrote:
>
> > So, if you truly want to understand my meaning, refer to that
> > illustration, instead of focusing on the multiple choices of your
> > own meaning.
>
> The problem with that is that your illustration or definition of
> sorting isn't correct in this context.

As I had already pointed out to you, what you deemed incorrect were
just your own misunderstanding. For example, even though I was
referring to the order "among" groups, you were talking about the
order "within" groups. See:

http://www.info-arch.org/hypermail/sigia-l/0306/0018print.html

> Sorting, in the context of IA and content or feature inventories
> does not require order as you've defined.

So, why not walk us through a process to demonstrate that sorting
items into groups indeed does not require observing order?

Boniface