[Sigia-l] DUX2003

Beth Mazur bowseat at bethmazur.com
Fri Jun 6 19:33:20 EDT 2003

>> Conferences need to be very careful about wanting to be all things to all people.
>
>Of course, but we can still cast the net more widely.
>
>Consider the many people who have been grappling with IA issues for years
>without realizing it.

So...keep the program reasonably focused, but go broader with the marketing
then, hmm?

Lou made the connection between IA and CMS; I just came back from the
STC conference in Dallas, and it occurred to me (perhaps as a bit of a
"well, duh") that STC's indexing community would be a great place to cast
an IA net (see http://www.stcsig.org/idx/ for more) besides the others
who are already "connected" (usability, info design).

BTW, any IAers who'd like to go the other direction (speak to the STC
community) should consider submitting a proposal for our conference next
year in Baltimore's fabulous Inner Harbor (the conference is  May 9-12, '04).
You can find more details here http://www.stc.org/51stConf/ or feel free
to email me with questions.

Beth Mazur
IDblog: http://idblog.org