[Sigia-l] Site Counters - good or bad

Coon, Sean SCoon at Datek.com
Tue Jun 3 16:29:22 EDT 2003

I'm looking for support for the notion that counters on web sites are
not a good idea and that there are better ways to track traffic and
efficacy of a site.

Usually, I would do my own research on this subject but with the
expertise on this list, I thought I'd start here. I'm sure someone can
recommend a good article or two on why a site (especially an .edu) site
might not want to incorporate a counter.

Thanks for any leads. By the way, support can come in the form of
opinions also. :-)
Jan