[Sigia-l] Re: Redundant information and content

joe joe at sokohl.com
Tue Jul 15 09:23:25 EDT 2003

Listera wrote:
>What iTunes does is precisely that: deprecate the notion of Win/Mac/Posix
>filepath to a disk spot. The user doesn't care/know/understand the specific
>instantiation of a file, which is itself an abstract construct devoid of any
>useful information to an average user.

...except, as in my case, when the user runs out of physical disk space and wants to move source files to another drive. In that case, it's extremely confusing to do so--you basically have to use Terminal to create an alias to your new file location (otherwise, OS X will save new music or photo files in the old location).

I grant, of course, that this might be more an edge than core case. I have a lot of music :) and photos :)

joe