[Sigia-l] Redundant information and content

Listera listera at rcn.com
Tue Jul 15 03:49:00 EDT 2003

"Derek R" wrote:

> I predict people are NOT going to be spending their days 'classifying'
> things for later use.

Neither should they, if they choose not to.

> At best, they'll give something a title...
> maybe... if they feel ambitious -- unlikely.

Which is precisely what iTunes allows you to do. Don't do anything at all if
you don't want to and leave every song in the general Library, because like
the new Finder or XCode the search box gives you real-time filtering on all
existing songs. Or simply drag a song a into a playlist, if you like. Or let
the app keep track of what you like/tend to listen to. Or create simple
rules to maintain dynamically updating playlist. Etc. Try it!

> Even if you do classify or use 'smart lists,' whenever you request a
> song you must submit yourself to 'negotiation of attributes' you have
> placed between yourself and the song. You're taking feature-creep to a
> whole new level.

I have roughly 10,000 songs in my iTunes library. I defy you to find
specific songs without resorting to some kind of classification structure.

> P.S. Do you remember when you just used to put a dime in the jukebox?

And did you push any buttons subsequently?

Ziya
Nullius in Verba