[Sigia-l] CMS and IA

Peter VanDijck pvandijck at lds.com
Wed Jan 29 13:04:04 EST 2003

> I agree completely. I wrote up my thoughts on this in skeleton form at

Great paper. One thing I haven't figured out yet is how to deal with the
limitations of dealing with URI's. Let's say a CMS stores a title,
author, text and creation data in separate database fields. And it
displays these things in varying ways on a website. Maybe there are 3
views of an article: printable, free and subscriber only version. How do
you build a topicmap that classifies stuff that is in a database to
drive your existing website? Do you define a line between what metadata
the CMS handles and what the topicmap handles?
PeterV