R: [Sigia-l] CMS and IA

Luca Rosati l.rosati at kelyan.it
Wed Jan 29 12:15:41 EST 2003

(Sorry Ann, I previously posted to you for mistake:) )

Hi Ann, hi Peter,
I perfectly agree with you!

Also my experience in CMS management is that they don't support a flexible
classification schema, particularly faceted classification.

I just pointed out that, answering to the survey (at <
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=3768152243>) proposed here by Peter
Morville a few days ago.

Possible solutions? I think software houses could conceive CMSs not as
closed boxes, but let the possibility to IAs or others to integrate CMS with
a specific ad hoc categorization/semantic layer.
Most of famous CMSs, at the opposite, are just built as a closed room,
causing a lot of problem also in the field of system integration,
customization and content accessibility.

Is that a plausible solution for you?
Did anyone in the list have a positiv experience, about this topic, with any
CMSs or tools?

Best,
Luca

0>amazon.<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0735713065/therockleygro-20