[Sigia-l] Notes from IA/UX discussion on CMS

Surla, Stacy SSurla at aspensys.com
Wed Jan 22 10:18:59 EST 2003

Please excuse the cross-posting.

This is a very interesting summary. I'd like to know about others'
experiences with being an IA and working with CMS. Has it been good? Are
there special niches, approaches, or tips you can share?

I joined the ia-cms at yahoogroups list because at my job we've long been in
the throes of deciding "if, which, and who pays" vis CMS. I was a lead in
the initial working group to study the issue, and experienced first-hand the
pain of the project and technical staff as we all grappled with
comprehending what a CMS is and what life would be like if we implemented
one. The company is now bearing down on a choice, which is exciting, but I'm
somewhat fearful about my future as an IA in a CMS environment. As others in
the firm get on board with CMS, I worry that IA will be marginalized. Maybe
what I mean is that I worry about my ability to evangelize the role of IA in
this new environment. Communicating successfully about IA has been very
difficult for me all along. And people over here are already feeling dazed
and battered by trying to understand CMS.

Any thoughts?

~Stacy

Message: 6